COME WORK WITH US
HARD-LINE is a global leader in mine automation, network backbone connectivity and mine production optimization. Our vision is to revolutionize industry.
ELECTRONIC BENCH TECHNICIAN
The Electronic Bench Technician has the responsibility to assemble, troubleshoot, test, and refurbish electronic circuitry and components, diagnose faults and repair both HARD-LINE and competitors’ products and equipment.
What you’ll do
- Use a variety of equipment including oscilloscopes, multimeters, and diagnostic equipment to inspect, test, diagnose and repair HARD-LINE and competitor’s electronic equipment, remote control systems etc.
- Use the appropriate tools for the repair of equipment, requisitioning different tools when necessary and assessing where a tool may lose its full functionality.
- Follow equipment manuals and schematics to adjust, align, replace, or repair electronic equipment and components to ensure they are in working order
- Diagnose electronic and mechanical problems in malfunctioning circuits, components, and equipment, and decide to fix or replace the piece of equipment or parts.
- Provide expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis, and resolution of electronic and mechanical problems.
- Complete work orders, test and maintenance reports and all other relevant paperwork on the repair.
- Assemble data from the tests, assessing gaps and formulating action plans for improvement.
- Separate and build electronic components
- Formulate design drawings, in conjunction with other parties, for the creation of electronic components.
- Assemble circuits, complete prototypes and adjust/make modifications to the design as necessary.
- Fabricate and solder parts as needed.
- Adjust to specs and calibrate components and circuits as necessary (while operating within health and safety limits).
- Prepare cost estimates and equipment layouts as required.
- Provide resource estimates and schedules for electronic components.
- Participate in department training programs as required.
- Report work compliance with relevant codes, standards, and procedures.
- Maintain up to date electronic advancements and stay current with industry trends and best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed and instructed by management.
What we’re looking for
- Completion of a 2 or 3-year college program in Electronics or bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Expertise in electronic and mechanical systems
- Previous experience or understanding of mining processes is considered an asset
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment would be considered an asset
- Demonstrate understanding of electronic components and circuitry.
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of Canadian electrical standards (Ontario and Quebec)
- Ability to analyze and assess test data and problem solve to derive possible solutions
- Strong knowledge of multimeters, circuit testers, and oscilloscopes.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, including Senior Management, in a clear and concise manner
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW.
HARD-LINE is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefits package, RRSP match program and a strong focus on continuous training and development.
HARD-LINE welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.