COME WORK WITH US
Hard-Line is a global leader in mine automation, network backbone connectivity and mine production optimization. Our vision is to revolutionize industry.
The Field Services Technician is responsible for providing professional on-site technical and customer service and support to new and existing clients by performing in-house and field installation, repairs and maintenance on all Hard-Line equipment. This position involves frequent travel to work at various sites, both underground and/ or surface.
What you’ll do
• Installation expertise, calibrating, configuring, testing, maintaining, evaluating and troubleshooting, pre-commissioning,
• commissioning and repair as necessary on remote controls, Tele-operated equipment, including all new technologies developed
• Travel to various locations both locally and internationally
• Help the Research & Development team with the integration of new technologies and equipment
• Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of equipment and associated equipment
• Provide installation expertise at customer sites as well as conducting pre-installation assistance
• Read and review blueprints, plans, specifications and other documentation to prepare for start-up or service
• Build customer relationship in a professional manner through solution-oriented communications and service
• Assist in manufacturing or engineering with customer projects, as well as unit refurbishment or replacement at the customer site or the HARD-LINE manufacturing facility
• Provide technical support to other Field Service Specialist in the field Complete accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, etc.
• Stay current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices
What we’re looking for
• Technical certification or Diploma in electronics, electrical field or other relevant field
• 3 to 5 years’ relevant field experience
• Valid passport and driver’s license for travel
• Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment would be considered an asset
• Ability to read and interpret equipment schematics
• Ability to work on short notice varied shift schedules and to travel as required
• Ability to work underground is required
• Above average knowledge of computer software (Word, Excel, AutoCAD, etc.)
• Flexible, self-motivated and driven to achieve customer satisfaction goals and targets
• Must be a positive team member
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
• Must be able to work on surface or underground and may be exposed to harsh work environments
• Use of personal protective equipment, including steel toe boots, safety glasses etc.
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW.
Hard-Line is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefits package, RRSP match program and a strong focus on continuous training and development.
Hard-Line welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.