COME WORK WITH US
HARD-LINE is a global leader in mine automation, network backbone connectivity and mine production optimization. Our vision is to revolutionize industry.
The Developer will participate in the creation of full stack solutions working closely with IT&ERP colleagues. In this role, the developer will be client facing, collaborating with functional area team members from ideation to release and support phases. The developer will be required to have analyst skills and be comfortable communicating with business in both technical and business language. The developer will be required to perform code reviews as well as participate in Quality Assurance testing as per their teammates. Functional area partners will include but are not limited to ERP, Finance, Marketing, Logistics, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Customer Service, Sales, production and R&D Technology. This is a key role on a very talented innovative and fast-paced team. There is opportunity for intermediate and senior developers to learn and grow additional skills in new cutting-edge areas of the business. It is also an opportunity to share knowledge with teammates and work to build solutions of the future through partnerships with innovation hubs. Customer Focus, continuous improvement, collaboration, accountability is at the core of Hard-Line and the IT&ERP team.
What you’ll do
- Leads development team to determine requirements, research and evaluate software, examine data flow, develop database tables and procedures, APIs and services, web-based interactive views, and provide technical and business support for application software and information solutions to meet client and business user requirements.
- Collaborate with business leaders and users to gather and document requirements.
- Provides technical expertise and consultation in the area of full stack architecture to business users and other technical staff to ensure consistent architecture.
- Provides support of the software product installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrade, user account administration, troubleshooting, system monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning for production, development, test, and training environments.
- Develops methodologies and techniques for the ongoing assessment of systems performance, scalability, capacity monitoring, problem notification to mobile devices, e-mail, and/or on-line reporting environment.
- Perform evaluation, installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades of hardware, software and related management tools.
- Continuous improvement of processes and systems to monitor application stability and accuracy, ensuring production code is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Convert legacy code and interpret business logic.
- Contribute to definition and maintenance of coding standards.
- Collaborate with development teams to deliver integrated solutions.
- Write user guides and documentation for end users and technical documentation for developers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed and instructed by management.
What we’re looking for
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years of related business intelligence experience
- Experience with SQL Server 2014/2019, AngularJS, and ASP.Net Core
- Experience with DevOps – Git source control
- Experience with Microsoft Access would be considered an asset
- Experience with Xamarin would be considered an asset
- Strong web development
- PM/BA/ITIL Certification would be considered an asset (CBAP, PMI-BA, PMP)
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment would be considered an asset
- Experience with software development lifecycle tools and approaches (e.g.. version control, automated testing, pull request submission and review, CI/CD, Agile methodologies).
- Experience in an IoT environment
- Focus on quality and performance while being able to deliver on time
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to speak both technically and non-technically to varying audiences
- Calm and focused under pressure
- Analytical mindset and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt, prioritize, think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Aptitude for continuous improvement and learning
- Positive Attitude
- Knowledge and understanding of various computer applications
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Manual dexterity is required for desktop computer and peripherals
- General office environment
- Ability to sit for extended periods
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW.
HARD-LINE is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefits package, RRSP match program and a strong focus on continuous training and development.
HARD-LINE welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.