COME WORK WITH US
HARD-LINE is a global leader in mine automation, network backbone connectivity and mine production optimization. Our vision is to revolutionize industry.
HEALTH & SAFETY COORDINATOR
Sudbury, Chelmsford & Dowling, ON
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations the Health & Safety Coordinator will be responsible for the development, maintenance and review of a comprehensive occupational health and safety program. The Health & Safety Coordinator is also responsible to monitor and ensure compliance with HARD-LINE health and safety objectives, to ensure the effective implementation of the health and safety programs and services, and functions.
What you’ll do
- Develop, implement, promote and maintain company-wide health and safety programs and initiatives.
- Develop, implement and maintain health and safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that all regulatory requirements are being adhered to.
- Present safety orientation and training for all new and existing employees.
- Ensure the health and safety program is compliant with ISO 9001:2015.
- Participate in a key role with the Joint Health and Safety Committee monthly meetings.
- Coordinate health and safety supplies.
- Provide regular and accurate statistical reports on all medical aids, WSIB incidents and injuries, lost time injuries, health-related absenteeism and disability information.
- Conduct regular workplace inspections; Monitor and recommend corrective action.
- Collaborate with Managers and Supervisors to monitor compliance and identify safety issues.
- Maintain records of all health and safety related training for employees.
- Conduct risk assessments on equipment and products.
- Ensure safe work procedures are developed, implemented and current for all work centres.
- Investigate accidents and incidents.
- Participate in various projects as they relate to the health and safety function of the company.
- Manage all relevant and related administrative duties.
- Completes other duties as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed and instructed by management.
What we’re looking for
- Relevant post-secondary training in Occupational Health and Safety or a combination of education and experience determined to be equivalent.
- Professional Health and Safety designation such as Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), Certified Health and Safety Consultant (CHSC) or working towards designation.
- A minimum of five (5) years of industry-related health and safety experience with experience in the development and implementation of safety training programs.
- Joint Health and Safety Certification would be considered an asset.
- Standard First Aid, CPR and AED Certification would be considered an asset.
- Experience with managing the WSIB process.
- Experience in an ISO 9001 environment would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience of working in health and safety.
- Understanding of current legislation and regulations as it pertains to health and safety.
- Knowledge of the Employment Standards Act.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office 365 products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Office, shop and manufacturing environments.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Moderate noise.
- Lifting up to 20 lbs may be required.
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW.
HARD-LINE is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefits package, RRSP match program and a strong focus on continuous training and development.
HARD-LINE welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.