COME WORK WITH US
HARD-LINE is a global leader in mine automation, network backbone connectivity and mine production optimization. Our vision is to revolutionize industry.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations the Human Resources Manager is primarily responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for overseeing personnel management, including wage increases, promotions and disciplinary actions in compliance with company policies. This position will also determine staffing requirements and oversee the recruitment process.
What you’ll do
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate the human resources department.
- Oversee personnel management, including wage increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions in compliance with company policies.
- Determine staffing requirements in conjunction with departmental manager and oversee the recruitment process.
- Develop performance goals, metrics, and targets with departmental manager that are consistent with company goals.
- Administer progressive disciplinary action in accordance with established procedures.
- Plan human resources requirements in conjunction with other departmental managers.
- Assist with employee performance evaluations and provide employees with performance feedback.
- Determine areas of improvement for employees as needed.
- Develop training program that are based on regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Conduct workplace investigations and resolve any conflicts that arise among staff.
- Ensure employees adhere to all health and safety regulations, including company policies.
- Ensure employees have clear goals and are aware of expectations.
- Handle employee complaints and incidents, including conflict resolution, accidents, health and safety concerns, work refusals, and investigations.
- Develop employee training in conjunction with departmental manager.
- Provide leadership and coaching to managers and employees on key workplace matters such as performance management, difficult conversations, employee relations, and employee development.
- Comply with laws, regulations and best practices of human resources industry.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed and instructed by management.
What we’re looking for
- Degree or diploma in business administration, human resources management, or a related field
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in a Human Resources Generalist or Consultant role
- 2-5 years of supervisory or management experience
- CHRP is required, CHRL will be considered an asset
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment would be considered an asset
- Strong English language skills: both written and verbal is required
- Analytical thinking
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Networking and relationship building
- Planning and organizing
- Problem solving
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet strategic objectives for HR and the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage HR core processes such as talent management, succession planning, and employee relations.
- Able to make sound business decisions and evidence-based recommendations to senior management.
- Computer literacy including working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of labour laws and regulations.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Working in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- General office setting
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW.
HARD-LINE is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefits package, RRSP match program and a strong focus on continuous training and development.
HARD-LINE welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.