COME WORK WITH US
Hard-Line is a global leader in mine automation, network backbone connectivity and mine production optimization. Our vision is to revolutionize industry.
The IT Systems Administrator works as part of the IT support team and is responsible for answering support requests, following documented procedures to solve problems, and escalating issues as appropriate to System Administrator. Also responsible for maintaining Hard-Line’s computer system, managing server, installing and upgrading server, back ups, restoring data and securing data loss. New IT requests and some project work are also part of this position.
What you’ll do
• Answer Help Desk requests.
• Solve technology problems as appropriate.
• Differentiate between emergency issues and regular issues and act accordingly.
• Escalate calls to next level as appropriate.
• Install and configure desktop software and hardware.
• Maintain audio/video equipment and provide advance set-up for training sessions and presentation given by system users.
• Follow-up on open issues to complete resolution.
• Adhere to and enforce IT security procedures.
• Participate in IT project teams.
• Maintain the computer system of Hard-Line.
• Provide end-user support, resolve technical issues and provide technical assistance for all operating systems.
• Provide remote support through phone or end-user via phone.
• Set up new hires with equipment and appropriate access to Hard-Line’s system.
• Maintain business software applications.
• Implement, install, configure, monitor, troubleshoot and evaluate new and existing operating systems.
• Confer with database programmers or other system administrator.
• Provide user support for printer and workstation issues
• Oversee antivirus protection for all computers and servers
• Manage all servers including hardware/software upgrades and patching of OS and applications
• Perform other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for
• Diploma or degree in Information Technology
• 5+ years of related experience
• Strong knowledge of Windows Server OS, Active Directory, Exchange, Group Policy
• Knowledge of Office 365 products such as Exchange Online & Azure
• Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment would be considered an asset
• Previous experience with imaging of computers, network troubleshooting
• Knowledge and understanding of various computer applications
• Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude.
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
• Manual dexterity is required for desktop computer and peripherals
• General office environment
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW.
Hard-Line is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefits package, RRSP match program and a strong focus on continuous training and development.
Hard-Line welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.