COME WORK WITH US
HARD-LINE is a global leader in mine automation, network backbone connectivity and mine production optimization. Our vision is to revolutionize industry.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for providing professional in-house installation, repairs and preventive maintenance on all Hard-Line production and fabrication equipment. The Maintenance Technician must strictly adhere to the organization’s quality assurance policies while identifying the equipment’s defects and or errors.
What you’ll do
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, calibrate and maintain various electrical components, appliances and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventive maintenance program and departmental procedures
- Performs mechanical and preventative maintenance work on equipment as per preventative maintenance manual
- Ensure a maintenance schedule is put in place to minimize down time
- Able to train HARD-LINE personnel on maintaining and operating the equipment
- Evaluate workspace safety on the production floor to ensure all staff is following guidelines with equipment
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, perform tests and make adjustments
- Help the Research & Development team with the integration of new technologies and equipment
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of equipment and associated equipment
- Read and review blueprints, plans, specifications and other documentation to prepare for start-up or service
- Complete accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, etc.
- Maintain records for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference trail and/or complying with mandated requirements
- Stay current with industry and technical best practices
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed and instructed by management.
What we’re looking for
- Technical certification or Diploma in electronics, electrical field or other relevant field
- 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment would be considered an asset
- Ability to read and interpret equipment schematics
- Above average knowledge of computer software (Word, Excel, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Understanding of mechanical systems and parts
- Flexible, self-motivated and driven to achieve goals and targets
- Must be a positive team member
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Use of personal protective equipment, including steel toe boots, safety glasses etc.
- Ability to lift, pull, push and carry objects
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Noisy environments at times
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW.
HARD-LINE is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefits package, RRSP match program and a strong focus on continuous training and development.
HARD-LINE welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.