COME WORK WITH US
HARD-LINE is a global leader in mine automation, network backbone connectivity and mine production optimization. Our vision is to revolutionize industry.
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for the purchasing activities of Hard-Line. The Purchasing Agent maintains required inventory levels of products and goods. Some activities include but are not limited to approving all purchasing requests, obtaining the best pricing for products and goods require, analyzing suppliers to determine best fit, and preparing, analyzing and negotiating request for proposals.
What you’ll do
- Place purchase orders ensuring flow of inventory that guarantees optimum stock levels and meets turnover goals.
- Analyze inventory needs based on sales trends and inventory levels.
- Negotiate with suppliers on price, availability of products, delivery schedules, etc.
- Stay in continuous contact with suppliers, request quotes, information, etc. to determine which supplier is best suited to purchase products.
- Develop reports to track vendors and category spending for Hard-Line.
- Develop departmental communications on purchasing requirements.
- Identify, research, and resolve problems relating to purchasing issues.
- Track and develop reports to identify progress of cost saving initiatives and process efficiencies.
- Develop and implement the procurement execution strategy and procedures in accordance with the corporate guidelines.
- Review and process purchase requisitions, purchase order adjustments, and check-enclosed requisitions for purchases.
- Verify and input vendor data into system.
- Gather information from potential suppliers and establish relationships based on product needs.
- Ensure fulfilment of agreed upon terms when delivery occurs.
- Maintain an extensive database for all orders that is up to date and provides information for analysis and reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed and instructed by management.
What we’re looking for
- College diploma in a related business field an asset.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a similar purchasing role.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of product and service purchasing policies and practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills
- Ability to interact with vendors and aid various organizational departments
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong attention to detail
- Accountable, dependable and results-oriented
- Ability to work in a team environment
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- General office setting
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW.
HARD-LINE is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefits package, RRSP match program and a strong focus on continuous training and development.
HARD-LINE welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.