COME WORK WITH US
Hard-Line is a global leader in mine automation, network backbone connectivity and mine production optimization. Our vision is to revolutionize industry.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President Technology; the Software Development Manager will manage the Software Development team in addition to overseeing the architecture of the product releases.
What you’ll do
- Assign and monitor workload;
- Develop and implement coding standards, software development processes and tools;
- Drive software development/engineering best practices;
- Provide overall architecture direction for multiple components
- Translating software requirements to design specifications and communicate with team members;
- Establish and maintain realistic timelines for large feature sets, keeping management informed of changing circumstances;
- Translating software requirements to design specifications and scope of work documents, while communicating effectively with team members;
- Work with the Quality team to ensure release notes and documentation for accuracy;
- Own the overall software development life cycle of a project; and
- Participate in cross-functional projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed and instructed by management.
What we’re looking for
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering is required
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in management with a proven track record of success in building, mentoring, and leading teams
- Master’s degree will be considered an asset
- 5-10 years of experience as a Software Developer/Engineer is preferred
- Project Management certification or equivalent would be an asset
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to implement strategy, process improvement and quality management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to coach, mentor and develop team members
- Possess advanced communication skills both technically and non-technically (verbally and in writing)
- Strong technical skills
- Multitasking and shifting priorities
- Decision making skills and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Experience in developing products
- Experience with managing software architecture for multiple components across multiple languages
- Experience with source control management, especially git
- Experience with task management software, especially Jira
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Working knowledge of real-time systems, operating systems, or control systems
- Experience with C, C++, C#, .NET, Angular JS
- Experience with Unix-based operating systems
- Experience in robotics, automation would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of CAN Bus, Serial, and Ethernet protocols would be considered an asset
- Familiarity with LIDAR and various sensors would be considered an asset
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Sitting for extended periods using office equipment
- Office environment
- Some travel may be required
- Working with an interdisciplinary team
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW.
Hard-Line is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefits package, RRSP match program and a strong focus on continuous training and development.
Hard-Line welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.