COME WORK WITH US
Hard-Line is a global leader in mine automation, network backbone connectivity and mine production optimization. Our vision is to revolutionize industry.
The Field Service Manager is responsible for the strategic direction and leadership of the field service department. This role is to effectively and efficiently manage the development and direction of the field service team to drive the growth of revenue, technical productivity and promote high quality customer satisfaction while building relationships and ensuring the integration of strategic plans with company operations.
What you’ll do
• Oversee and manage the Field Service department’s operations and scheduling.
• Advise field technicians of work that must be completed.
• Schedule field technicians as per department need.
• Meet regularly with department heads/business unit leaders; facilitate resolution of issues/problems between business units and/or departments.
• Address customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous, professional manner.
• Conduct regular performance appraisals for all Field Service department staff.
• Provide coaching and mentoring to all subordinate staff.
• Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary.
• Responsible for appropriate staff levels to meet requirements of the department
• Manage the morale in the department by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees, suppliers, and customers.
• Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
• Enhance and develop policies, procedures, and service systems to meet the goals of the department.
• Analyze and report on the department’s daily, monthly, and annual key performance indicators and industry trends.
• Measure and monitor key indicators of the service delivered.
• Ensure that all reporting employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Ensure employees adhere to all health and safety regulations, both on our property and that of our customers.
What we’re looking for
• Post-Secondary diploma or degree in a mechanical/technical field preferred.
• 10 or more years’ previous customer service management experience in a technical environment with proven leadership abilities.
• Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes.
• Able to identify key issues and creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles.
• A clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, and procedures and other operational issues faced by the organization.
• Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
• High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
• Proven mechanical abilities, and strong working knowledge of mechanical application and repair techniques.
• Understanding of electronics.
• Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
• Experience with routine maintenance operations.
• Demonstrated knowledge of inventory control techniques and procedures.
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
• Customer Focus
• Energy and Stress
• Team Work
• Quality Orientation
• Time Management
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Creative and Innovative Thinking
• Decision Making and Judgement
• Planning and Organizing
• Problem Solving
• Result Focus
• Accountability and Dependability
• Ethics and Integrity
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Staff Management
• Development and Continual Learning
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
• 24/7 availability may be required.
• Overtime as required.
• Must be able to work on surface or underground and may be exposed to harsh work environments
• Use of personal protective equipment, including steel toe boots, safety glasses etc.
• Travel may be required
• Working in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions.
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW.
Hard-Line is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefits package, RRSP match program and a strong focus on continuous training and development.
Hard-Line welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.