COME WORK WITH US
HARD-LINE is a global leader in mine automation, network backbone connectivity and mine production optimization. Our vision is to revolutionize industry.
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN – TIMMINS
The Field Services Technician is responsible for providing professional on-site technical and customer service and support to new and existing clients by performing in-house and field installation, repairs and maintenance on all HARD-LINE equipment. This position involves frequent travel to work at various sites, both underground and/ or surface.
What you’ll do
- Installation expertise, calibrating, configuring, testing, maintaining, evaluating and troubleshooting, pre-commissioning.
- Commissioning and repair as necessary on remote controls, Tele-operated equipment, including all new technologies developed.
- Travel to various locations both domestic and international.
- Help the research & development team with the integration of new technologies and equipment.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of equipment and associated equipment.
- Provide installation expertise at customer sites as well as conducting pre-installation assistance.
- Read and review blueprints, plans, specifications and other documentation to prepare for start-up or service.
- Capture all field changes required for proper documentation when completing a job.
- Build customer relationship in a professional manner through solution-oriented communications and service.
- Assist in manufacturing or engineering with customer projects, as well as unit refurbishment or replacement at the customer site or the HARD-LINE manufacturing facility.
- Provide technical support to other Field Service Technicians in the field.
- Complete accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, etc.
- Stay current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed and instructed by management.
What we’re looking for
- Technical certification or Diploma in electronics, electrical field or other relevant field
- 3 to 5 years relevant field experience
- Valid passport and driver’s license
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment would be considered an asset
Mandatory Qualifications for Employment
- A valid G driver’s license is a mandatory requirement for ongoing employment in the role of Field Technician.
- Should a Field Technician lose their license and be unable to manage the travel requirements of their position; the employee may be unable to perform the required duties of the role.
- Under those circumstances, the Company may be required to terminate the Employment Agreement.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment schematics.
- Ability to work on short notice varied shift schedules and to travel as required.
- Ability to work underground is required.
- Above average knowledge of computer software (Word, Excel, AutoCAD, etc.).
- Flexible, self-motivated, and driven to achieve customer satisfaction goals and targets.
- Ability to work alone or in a team setting.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Must be able to work on surface or underground and may be exposed to harsh work environments.
- Use of personal protective equipment, including steel toe boots, safety glasses etc.
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW.
HARD-LINE is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefits package, RRSP match program and a strong focus on continuous training and development.
HARD-LINE welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.