COME WORK WITH US
HARD-LINE is a global leader in mine automation, network backbone connectivity and mine production optimization. Our vision is to revolutionize industry.
FINANCE ACCOUNTANT – INTERNATIONAL
Dowling & Sudbury, ON
The Finance Accountant – International is responsible for the preparation, administration and monitoring of operating budgets, accounting, financial planning and reporting for our foreign offices. Responsibilities include ensuring timely and accurate recording transactions in the general ledger as well as processing accounts receivable, payables, payroll, providing assistance with annual working papers for external review.
What you’ll do
- Record transactions including capital asset additions, depreciation, accruals, recurring items and adjustments.
- Ensure that month-end accounting duties and financial reporting is complete in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and record journal entries and post subledger transactions.
- Prepare financial statements and bank reconciliation.
- Process payroll, including time entry, expenses and government remittances Asses fixed assets and depreciation.
- Reviewing time entry to ensure accuracy and compliance with applicable regulations and policies
- Store, update and retrieve financial data.
- Enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions and bank statements.
- Assist in the development or review of accounting policies, procedures and internal controls and implement same when approved.
- Perform clerical duties, such as maintaining filing and record systems; and
- Organize filing of all appropriate documents;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed and instructed by management.
What we’re looking for
- University or college diploma in a related field (accounting)
- Minimum 2 years’ working experience in accounting
- Working towards accounting designation is considered an asset
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment would be considered an asset
- Fluent in English and Spanish – written and verbal
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Effective communication with all levels of the organization
- Ability to adapt and learn new software
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons or facts and provide appropriate solutions
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks with attention to detailed work
- Knowledge of accounting and internal control systems
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Interacts with management, colleagues and clients
- General office setting
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computers and peripherals
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW.
HARD-LINE is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefits package, RRSP match program and a strong focus on continuous training and development.
HARD-LINE welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.